On the occasion of this year’s Rugby World Championship and in honor of its partnership with the Rugby national team of New Zealand the Swiss watch brand TUDOR presents the Black Bay Chronograph in black. The quantities of these limited pieces depend on how many players have been part of the All Blacks ever since their foundation – until today it has been 1181. As soon as new players become part of the team, a new piece will be released.
The black colour of the new watch is inspired by the colour of the All Black jersey to underline the connection to New Zealand’s national sport. Also the caseback is adorned with a special engraving showing the serial number of the model. The Black Bay Chrono Dark is equipped with a characteristic satin-finished steel bracelet with a matt finish and a black PVD-coating. The dial is also kept black and domed. The date indication is situated at the 9 o’clock position.
The new Black Bay Chrono Dark is powered by the manufacture calibre MT5813, which has been derived from the chronograph calibre Breitling 01, with a high-precision regulating organ developed by TUDOR and dedicated finishes. The movement is the result of a lasting collaboration between the two brands. They have chosen to pool their expertise in the design and production of certain mechanical movements, so that both parties can benefit from their use. Additionally, the movement has a column wheel and a vertical clutch.
The model has been certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC) and has a power reserve of approximately 70 hours.
- BRAND: TUDOR
- MODEL: Black Bay Chrono Dark
- REFERENCE: Ref. 79360DK
- PRICE: 5.530 Euro
- CASE MATERIAL: matt black PVD-treated steel with satin-finish
- DIAMETER: 41 mm
- DIAL: black, domed
- STRAP: matt black PVD-treated steel bracelet with matt black PVD-treated folding clasp and safety catch
- CALIBRE: calibre MT5813
- MECHANISM: self-winding mechanical movement
- POWER RESERVE: 70 Hours
- FUNCTIONS: center hour and minute hands, center chronograph seconds hand, chronograph 45-minute counter at 3 o’clock, small seconds at 9 o’clock, instantaneous date at 6 o’clock with rapid adjustment without non-correction range, stop seconds for precise time setting